Saturday, December 3, 2011

Walking the Windows of NYC


Window Shopping!
During my travels in and out of the BIG CITY, I often forget how great and full of wonder is the city. This week I decided to take some time to be a tourist and look around MY GRAND CITY, New York.
The sidewalks are crowded with people, the chestnuts, pretzels, and hot dogs are ready for you to eat, and the almost every corner has some type of street performer. The most amazing thing about the city is the transformation from an ordinary city to a GRAND WONDERLAND for the holidays.
As I spoken in a previous blog, Bryant Park is a great place to visit for the holidays. They offer free skating, great food to eat, and awesome shopping. Although small, it is as wonderful as Rockefeller Center’s Tree.
As you are walking through the magical city, don’t forget to go “window shopping”.  I know we often stare at the luxurious items that we wished we owned, in the store windows. But most stores, during this time will put elaborate displays to entertain and amaze you. I took some pictures of Macys at Herald Square and Lord & Taylor on 5th Ave.
Also, don’t forget that when visiting New York, check out Grand Central Terminal because they too have plenty of holiday shops to explore.
My suggestion is put on your comfy shoes and get up early and go exploring. You will not regret. I am sorry that I don’t get to enjoy it more often because there is NO PLACE like New York City.
Happy Shopping!







 I hope you have enjoyed the journey as much as I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment