Sunday, January 29, 2012

Spring 2012 trends

Spring is in the air...
I am so excited to see the new bright colors that will hit the stores and the streets in a few months. Right now, there is not too much out there but I have a few things that I was able to find on the net from the runways.

     Although on the East Coast, it is still chilly and we are still dressing in layers, the spring season is around the corner and stores will soon turn around their product.  So I have done a little internet research and began pulling runway photos of the trends that I can see for the up-coming Spring 2012 season.






     Looking on Style.com, they pointed out a few trends among the designers. Here are a few of the categories that they shared:
1.       Sea life- aquatic inspired prints, colors, and designs that that were featured on the runways for Missoni, McQueen, and among others.
2.       Art-deco- architectural influenced styling for the runway. Structured outfits with a multitude of line work to accentuate the body. You can see those influences in the work of Gucci and Armani.
3.       Mid-Drift showing styles – nothing says warm weather than showing some skin. Drawing attention to the mid-section were designers such as: Cavalli and VPL.
4.       Sporty styling- an athletic influence on what designers are putting on the run-way. A fashionable twist on your work out wear was seen in shows for Nicole Miller and Stella McCarthy.
5.       In the Round- styling that brings your eye to the hip and accentuates curves. The hip exaggeration can be seen in styles by Jason Wu and Oscar de la Renta.

     Other things I noticed on the runway were extreme brights and soft pastels as the color pallets of the designers. Also in some cases, designers would mix the soft cosmetic colors with the extremely bright colors to create a contrast in hue. You would see mixings of the pallets in DVF and Tory Burch.
     Right now, stores are trying to clear out their inventory of fall and resort.  So I am only seeing a few things trickle in for spring. I have created a page of a few items that I have recently seen that seem to be influenced from the trends that showed up on the runway.
     I am looking forward for spring and I can’t wait to see the bright colors. Once I see more, I will make a new posting of new spring arrivals of what are in stores .
Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment